1. Decide on the size you want the finished card to be. Double the width and add 1/4" for the spine. Measure and cut a piece of cardstock using these dimensions.
2. On the inside of the spine, mark lightly with pencil where the spine will be and fold. Use a ruler if necessary. Erase the pencil marks.
3. Cut (or tear using a straight edge) sheets of blank paper to the same size as the cardstock minus a quarter inch. Put the lengths of paper into groups of five and fold them in half. Make three of these.
5. Put the template near the crease of the top page of the first stack of pages. Use a pointed tool to poke holes in the fold at each point marked on the template. Repeat for the other two stacks of pages.
6. Line the template up with the center of the spine on the cardstock. Punch the holes as before. Place the template halfway between this line of holes and one crease in the spine. Punch the holes. Repeat on the other side of the first line of holes.