Appliqued Bunting Tutorial:
- Triangle template (I used the Fons and Porter template)
- Rotary cutter and cutting surface
- Fabric for applique
- Fusible web
- Embroidery floss
- Scrap of cardstock or cardboard (at least 4" square)
- Paper-cutting scissors or craft knife
- String, yarn, twine, or quilt binding
Cut your piece of cardstock to about 4" square. A little more is fine, but less would make the template window unsteady. Measure and draw a 3" square in the very center of the paper and use your scissors or craft knife to cut out along the line. You should end up with something similar to the template pictured here.
Cut out each letter along the drawn line. Pencil markings tend to rub off on your fingers, so be careful not to get it on the fabric (especially if you are using a light-colored fabric). If you are more sure of your sketching abilities, just use pen.