With the hood off you can see her hair better. It took forever to sew her hair on. Hours and hours. I used six-stranded floss, and every piece is attached individually using turkey work techniques. It turned out way thicker than I thought it would, and I had to thin it out a bit to get her hood on. I'm putting together a tutorial on embroidering on hair, so if that's something you want to try, you can learn about it here.
I used the shoe pattern pieces from the book, but increased the seam allowance so that I could use leather instead of felt. Of course, the opening in the shoes still ended up being a tad too small, so I cut notches into the front so I could slip them on. I think it makes them look even cuter than without the notch.
The hands were difficult to sew. I did them manually to make sure I followed my marked seam lines and got the fingers nice and rounded on the ends.
And, as always, a few more pictures I just had to post. But she is so photogenic it was easy to get a ton of great shots. She turned out so nicely, in fact, that I'm considering making a grandma doll and a stuffed wolf to complete the trio. Hmmm, yes, that is what I'll do. As soon as I have the time.